different options to demasoni

Slightly Blue Dalmation

any other options to have other than demasoni, currently 6 young e-yellows and growing out a couple of peacocks to end up with hopefully 1 male, so have plenty of yellow in the tank so something of a much different colour would be good

Oh tank is 160L, plenty hiding and swimming and a fluval 305 so no filtration issues :P

Yeap they aren't cheap to come by in LFS, especially when you need to buy at least 12 plus or so to keep a good ratio to spread out the aggression. Nothing really comes to mind for me either, Malawi wise... it would be nice to get Dems as they stay a reasonably small size for your tank, where as anything else mbuna wise that we have available in NZ gets a tad larger.

Sometimes the quality of the Dems that have come from the suppliers aren't the best either, weight and colouring.. and then you can get some beauties that come through aswell, luck of the draw 8)

Well either lake types are awesome fish to keep :D I am partial to both... with the size of your tank, maybe you could go tangy... nothing more beautiful than seeing a nicely set up Tanganyikan tank.. gold sand, rock work, some nice plants *drool*

There are others, however, wouldn't be suitable for your tank due to size and numbers needed.

The Daffodil is a nice variation of the Brichardi, alot more striking... used to be referred to as Daffodil Pulcher however of recent times it has now been referred to as another colour morph of Brichardi. I think they are much more striking in colour.

Once Brichardi pair up they can be real terrors, however, they are amazing to watch... they raise their young in a big family unit.... the older siblings join in on the parenting etc and they live in one big family... interesting to watch that is for sure... If you wanted to keep more than one tangy species in the tank then it would pay to have a nice amount of space and good territory areas set out... I have had Dafs and Julidos live quite happily together till a pair of Dafs decided to want to spawn and look out Julidos, the poor little battle subs were cowering in the corner of the tank right up the top, it was a case of removing them for their own safety :lol: You could keep a single sex only tank and see how that worked, or alternatively you could just keep the one species...?? Or try and make it work with 2 species and just keep your eyes peeled at all times.

If you go with them, Dafs are much better looking IMO :D And you can't beat marlieri in the Julidos if you want to swing that way, they are outstanding little critters 8) Leleupi are nice too, however, I have found them the less tolerant out of the 3 :D :lol:

Oh I prefer the greyer brichardi to the daffodils! :lol:

I have a small colony of brichardi now, as well as the electric yellow and demasoni and peacock blend.

In my opinion it's worth waiting for the demasoni for the colour but the brichardi or daffodils have the interesting colony behaviour.

I have kept both and ended up keeping on the Dafs on when I had to decide between the two, personally think they are more stunning as they mature 8) Yeap mouthbrooders certainly have different parenting skills than non mouthbrooding species :D I prefer watching non mouthbrooders, love the mum/dad connection.

:lol: :lol: Dixon, you're a funny young lad 8)