Hey from Mount Maunganui!!!

krantan1

Hi there :)

I'm a student living in Mount Maunganui and am currently studying Graphic design :) have so far got 2 tanks:

The 1st one is an 80litre tank that has A sunset gourami, a swordtail, a molly, 2 bristlenoses, 3 albino guppies, sum neons, danios and mountain minnows.

My 2nd tank is around 70litres and has a breeding pair of wildtype angels and around 200 babies :)

Am looking at setting up a 3rd tank for the babies as I have a 2ft tank spare however moneys a lil short for a heater and a pump for the spare underground filter so will just have to wait :)

Any suggestions or help offerd is completely welcome as I am really new to the whole aquarium and having lots of babies...well thats something completely new! I have got a brine shrimp hatchery set up and I am feeding the babies 3times a day however had to turn the filter off as the babies kept getting sucked up so have only gt one underground filter running so cleaning is just neverending atm!

Oh and thanks for reaccepting me :) (my last account evlb1tch got deleted after 2days cos the name wasnt good enough....which is weird cos in the 4years I've used it on forums tm and blogs I've never had a problem)

I was about to type, "are you sure your not evilbitch,lol" but then read thelast sentance.

I like skim reading

haha yeah thats me :) ....don't really understand why it was so offensive and had to be changed but hey each to their own :)

any suggestions on how to raise my angel fry? Really want them to become nice healthy young as the parents are gorgeous...

welcome 8)

You could...

Pull the fry (usally done while still as eggs or wrigglers, attached to a rock), and grow them up in another tank.

Let the parents raise by themselves (parents will often canibalise, expectialy(Sp) if they think something else will.)

Googling 'breeding angelfish' will help too 8)

If you get a sponge filter then the fry won't get sucked in.

You will (kinda) need BBS when the fry are free-swimming.

Post up some pics... that way we can see what type you have :D

HTH

George

[list=] I have googled them and they are wild type angels and am feeding them bbs 3 times daily as they are now free swimming except they are in a planted tank with the parents only. Have a fluval sponge filter but i turned it off as i was advised to cos it may suck up the fry...

Cam wrote:

What are the parents?

Angelfish

LOL :)

update: theres only about 40 fry left :S so if this lot don't survive then I'll set up another tank for the next lot...I think I 4gt to mention that the eggs were layed on the filter which is too big to remove from the tank as it's in a stand and I have to pull the tank out to get big things in and out...so I couldn't remove them whilst they were eggs or wrigglers...wasn't expecting them to spawn so soon after moving them down from aux.

Gonna move the tank upstairs soon so will change round the setup when I move into the bigger room :)