June 7, 200818 yr comment_241020 while i have plenty of time before gupps breed does anyone have suggestions on removable and permeable tank dividers? wanting them for 2 ft tanks so not big. any ideas out there would be greatly appreciated Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241025 wooden frame with maybe a fine mesh or even a sheet across it? JAS Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241038 Sheets of glass cut to fit. then get you some tubing of some kind slice in down the middle and slide glass in to that then should be a snug fit in to tank but still removable.. I not good at explaining hope that makes sence Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241039 Sheets of glass cut to fit. then get you some tubing of some kind slice in down the middle and slide glass in to that then should be a snug fit in to tank but still removable.. I not good at explaining hope that makes sence Great idea! then the guppies cant breed with the ones on the other side! Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241042 I've got one and it's a bit of clear perspex (sp?) with holes drilled in it for water flow. I got my dad to make it for me when my male and female fighter didn't look very good. Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241044 Great idea! then the guppies cant breed with the ones on the other side! You could even leave a gap at bottom so water could flow but fill in with some kind of sponge so the babies dont get under . Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241046 I've got one and it's a bit of clear perspex (sp?) with holes drilled in it for water flow. I got my dad to make it for me when my male and female fighter didn't look very good. Thats a good idea too but would have to be real small holes. Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241047 Yeah It wouldn't be to bad for adult guppies but for the younger ones youd probably need small holes Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241048 He hasnt said what he needs it for yet, If he needs it to develop different strains in 1 tank you cant have any holes etc. Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241052 He hasnt said what he needs it for yet, If he needs it to develop different strains in 1 tank you cant have any holes etc. The point of this is just to give him ideas, Others can get ideas from this too. Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241056 If SBD was wanting different strains in the same tank separated by dividers with holes in them - that would work just fine. You can also use pvc bathroom mouldings in steed of the tube if you like things a little more tidy. If you need a pic I can take one. Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241058 If SBD was wanting different strains in the same tank separated by dividers with holes in them - that would work just fine. You can also use pvc bathroom mouldings in steed of the tube if you like things a little more tidy. If you need a pic I can take one. I thought the males would be able to breed through the Holes? Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241063 billaney made a boxy contraption for something..... perhapes he can help.... Report
June 7, 200818 yr Author comment_241107 a pic would be great if you can caserole , they are the same strains in each tank want to be able to separate males and females and have a bit where can have a select pair to breed, ie be able to have up to 3 sections as needed but only needing the one filter and heater etc Report
June 7, 200818 yr comment_241191 I'll take one tomorrow. As far as the filter, the dividers may prevent good water flow depending on size and number of perforations, when dividing tanks like this I use stainless steel mesh however it isn't cheep but very effective. What I would recommend, if you can is have the filter down one end and the out follow to it at the other. You can do this with some of the sponge filters on the market( will have to extend the out flow pipe ) or make one yourself. Report
June 8, 200818 yr comment_241451 Here's some images. I hope they give you some ideas, not although I use expensive stainless steel mesh the mouldings also fit standard(5mm) tank glass. http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/s ... mall-1.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/s ... 3Small.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/s ... sSmall.jpg http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y187/s ... 1Small.jpg Report
June 18, 200818 yr comment_244157 I purchased a divider from a supplier on Trade Me (hope that's allowed!) It has sturdy plastic side with metal clips to hold it firmly on to the side of the tank, and plastic bits to hold the top and bottom in place once it's in the tank. It was clear plastic with very small holes in to allow for water flow etc. My problem was I had a bit of a blonde momement (sorry!) and tried to put it in a tank with a curved galss front - duh! :oops: Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.