Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Mummy, Why did my fish Die ?

Featured Replies

Ok, I feel like a five year old asking this, but I every so often I get a fish that just seems to give up the ghost for no apparent reason and I am damned if I can work out why.

Yesterday was one of those days. Everything in the tank was cool, ammonia, nitrites and nitrates non existent, all fish happy, plants producing lots of O2, no major upsets or fights.

Then just after feeding I see my flame zebra danio zapping around the tank in a fit, struggling to keep upright and hanging in the plants in obvious distress.

Although he was in pretty bad shape I got my Hospital tank out and siphoned some tank water in and transferred a filter and heater in. Then I go to rescue the little guy and do you think I can find him?! No way! He had gone to ground. :evil:

I did find him a couple off hours later, hanging in the Java moss all pale with both eyes missing (tasty treats for the corys?)

Anyway he looked perfectly normal (aside from the eye thing :o ) No marks, lesions bloat or anything so I am wondering what went wrong?!

I realise that we all have to go sometime and I'm not getting all sentimental about it (really I'm not! :( ) but it would be nice to know why!!! Give me some closure here!

I don't think it was water quality, I have rummies and Blue rams that are perfectly happy in the same tank.

I was thinking about carrying out a wee fishy post mortem but I really wouldn't know what to look for. So what do you do in these circumstances?

Karlos

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.