Fluval 204 not working!?

vavoli

Hello!

I'm here in a state of desperation and major frustration as my Fluval 204 seems to be having trouble...

Ok, took it apart as per normal and cleaned it thoroughly... Put it all back together as normal but it's not pulling the water through... The water level is just jumping around in the input pipe but not getting any further than beyond the water level outside of the pipe.

The filter itself is making it's normal struggling "lemme at it!" kind of noises and i'm pumping away at the starter thingee... The output occasionally spits out a few drops of water but that's about it.

I always fill the canister with water before plugging it in so i don't have to pump it all in from the tank...

Anybody have any suggestions??

I've pulled it apart about 4 times now to check the impeller is in properly and it seems to be...

Please help!!

:cry::cry::cry::cry:

It needs to be primed. They don't pump air very well and the impeller chamber is full of air. Easiest thing to do is unplug it, pull the outlet hose off where it goes into the tank and siphon some water into a bucket. That should clear the air out.

another area to look at is the pipes.

give them a good clean, you will be surprised how much gunk is in there.

I had the same problem as you, filter nicely cleaned but still struggling to get it going, and when it was going there was very little flow.

Then I gave the pipes a quick scrub, and viola.... good head of water