Some New Pics!

Casper

looks cool, I'm off to Dick Smiths next payday, SHHH.... don't tell my wife!
lol me too i want white as an every day lite 4 a small tank tho i will have to make a bridge rectifier as its 12vac supply to the tank and the leds will flicker so bad i will have a seizure looking at it

They shouldnt as the LEDs are also 12V..
when i tried running leds off a 12v ac supply they flickered this is because they turn the ac sine wave a bit funny its the diodes function imaginge a sine wave then cut the negitive(botomm part) off u are left with a series of positive pulses hence the flicker i doubt it would be 2 noticable running straight leds nothing else but as the leds i was using were pinced off a toy and wired to allow the changing off differnet colours and brightnesses with intergrated circuits so im guessing the frequency of the power supply was altered somewhere along the the way(possibly a dc resistor acting as an inductor) and made the flicker noticable to the human eye, sorry if i caused ane confusion there before (or just now) but yeah im starting to think the led tube like caspers will be easier in my situation either that or change the rank to an open top and use a spare 9w pl fitting i have lying around

yep u are right dc will equal no flicker wat i was talking about was doin this to a tank i am setting up its similar to a jebo338 but masterpet brand it has a 12vac transformer which powers the powerhead and used to power a 6w flourescent tube fitting which was damaged , i pulled this out and used some leds about 40 of them from a toy mirror, i have run leds (attached to a pond powerhead) from an ac supply before which didnt flicker noticably however the 1s i put in this tank did really bad i am now thinking it had something to do with the other circuitry on the printed circuit boards the leds were attached to rather than the leds themselves pon the ac supply , as leds will lite up on an alternating supply but will flick on and off bout 50 times a sec which our eyes cant keep up with so they appear to be on all the time , sorry for not being so clear but put simply leds on a dc supply will have no problems at all , i was going about it in my difficult way to try and minimise the amount of power cords i have plugged in and i will proli find if i buy the led tube on friday like i intend to it will work fine aneway