Fry Food

Zabman

Hi All,

I have some angelfish fry 1 week and 1 day old!

I have been feeding them Liquifry and have some microworms (Thanks again Barry). The microworms are a tab to big for them to eat at the moment and I haven't seen them eating anything from the liquifry.

Can anybody suggest/point me in the right direction on some food for young angelfish fry that are to small to chow down on micro's!!

I Guess they could be eating the worms with me just not noticing! (But as they are the first successful hatchings I have been spending far to much time watching them!)

On a slightly different note, Angels make such good parents! sucking them up and spittin them out if they stray to far from the herd.

I know I shouldnt but I alway compare it to me (or children).

Think about how many hours of the day you eat... kids will often not eat all day and you have to almost force them to eat while other days they eat the whole time

I feed my angel fry decapsulated Brine shrimp eggs from day one and see great growth stright away, if you can get any crush up as fine as you can some good quality flake food.

I also think the BBS or micro worms will be good and they might be eating more than you notice :)

well done on the breeding

On a slightly different note, Angels make such good parents! sucking them up and spittin them out if they stray to far from the herd.

IMPORTANT : Make sure you are also feeding the parents well. if not the spitting out might stop if you know what I mean.!! :o

• 2 months later...

Angel fry will eat microworm, live brine shrimp and decap brineshrimp right from the time they are free swimming. They are middle feeders and may not feed off the bottom if the water is too deep. I used to raise them in bare bottom shallow tanks with a pilot light on at night to get them feeding well for the first few weeks. The biggest spawning I ever raised was 1226 but I always took the eggs away from the parents.

• 3 weeks later...

1226! thats massive!!! im trying to get my 2 to lay again, i seem to be having some green water problems though. That shouldnt affect the breeding should it? Im doing massive water changes and am going to petstore tomorrow to get some sort of chemical for it. Tried putting a blanket over the tank but it only lasted 24 hours because i felt bad and when i fed them they didnt look too happy so I took it off. Am going to pick up a couple of live plants for them to. Feel bad having them in a barebottom tank with just a slab of rock. Am thinking about trying to breed something else but cant really make my mind up. I love bolivian rams... would love to find something I could make a little extra pocket money with. God knows how much time and money us fish people put into this hobby!!!