Have i gone crazy?

awesome, you guys are keen.

I want to get back into mountain biking. I am crap, but i need to get fit again - at least i have fun 8)

My new flatmate is an awesome downhill rider - i think hes riding in pro class events this year. his new bike was 5.2k - and that only because he bought it at cost through his sponsor :o he doesn't trust our flat enough to bring it in until he gets insurance on it :P

• 2 weeks later...

Just be glad you aren't at Riverhead!!! i have done quite a bit of XC racing at Riverhead in the winter and it gets seriously bad. Woodhill is sand based, Redwoods (my Fav) in clay base, but honestly, Riverhead is mud based! :lol: Some mud puddles are seriously up to your hips. I don't know how many times I had to clear the mud buildup between my wheel and my seat stays in one race, as there was so much mud!

Lol david. Mud is fun, but there is a limit!

Serviced my forks last night (the forks on the newest bike (boxxers)) and replaced the oil seals whilst i was at it (cos they were screwed!)

The mess that used to be oil that came out of them was amazing :lol: Dirty, grimey, watery, milky filth. they definately needed it. Was a pretty nerve racking time as it was my first time ever pulling something like that apart, but was actually realy easy. might pull my other ones apart some time :lol: