Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fmxmatt's Upgrade

Featured Replies

  • Author

Nothing wrong with water quality, I was just thinking for future chemical warfare once I do get more SPS corals.

  • Replies 136
  • Views 20.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

, I was just thinking for future chemical warfare once I do get more SPS corals.

Thats one thing a skimmer will not take out and that is why i suggested zeolite/carbon.

  • Author

Already running carbon. I just dont want the MCE600 to be running at its limits and missing stuff when a slightly larger skimmer could be doing the job easily.

sure a bigger skimmer is better but looking at your tank it is not heavy stocked and the rating on the Deltec skimmers are far more conservative than most so i dont think the mce600 is running at its limit in your tank.

A ap600 insump model will be a next size up from the mce600, but A bigger skimmers is nice to have but if you want to save some money other things can be done to improve water quality.

Even with my monster skimmer on my tank i have to do other things to improve my water quality,

Weekly water changes are very good as it exports waste on a regular basis. something i dont get time to do but notice things do better when i do.

I run zeolite, carbon sometimes, 4Litres of rowaphos. runing a miracle mud sump with algae.

But find that when my nutrients get low my algae does not do well. its a good sign of water quality :D

I also add prodibio bacteria to help with waste removal.

I feed limited frozen foods.

That is why i suggest that water quality is not just about having a bigger skimmer.

A skimmer will remove about 70% of waste but it cant remove the other 30%.

You can put my Deltec ap1004 on your tank and you will not be able to remove the other 30% of waste. But it will look impressive :D

  • Author
I also add prodibio bacteria to help with waste removal

I Used to do this, and loved the stuff, until MAF decided to get their knickers in a twist about it :(

Yep, MAF are losers at the best of times, But don’t forget ERMA who are total losers. All they are interested in is paper work, don’t really care a stuff about the environment. It’s all a cover up to make money.

One thing that make you think is that it pays not to be Honest with them as when you are they screw you.

You will find that most Bacterial product dont have permits as the contents is not fully disclosed. Dumb me for saying what is in the prodibio product.

i have permits for a new bacteria product due out next month. Will advise when I get the product in as I might get 10 hobbyist to do a trial at reduced cost.

  • Author

That the Fauna Marin one? Damn keen to get in on that one, the Prodibio made a huge difference. Not noticeable at the time, but as soon as I stopped dosing, within a couple of weeks it was pretty obvious :)

Will advise when i get the stuff, Yep have be offered distribute Fauna Marin range.

Many new products like high quaility fish food etc.

also.

Will post a link when they update the web site next week.

Damn keen to get in on that one, the Prodibio made a huge difference. Not noticeable at the time, but as soon as I stopped dosing, within a couple of weeks it was pretty obvious

just dosing reefbooster seems to have made improvements in my tank. purples are coming out on tips of some acro's that never existed before. i only say that as its the only thing I dosed and within 2 days the purples were stronger. throughout the week they faded, dosed again and they increased again.

That the Fauna Marin one? Damn keen to get in on that one, the Prodibio made a huge difference. Not noticeable at the time, but as soon as I stopped dosing, within a couple of weeks it was pretty obvious :)

what were the differences you noticed, colour, growth etc? i seem to be getting a lot of brown in my lps but the couple of pieces of sps i have seem ok colourwise weird..

  • Author

The corals seemed happier, but the big difference was the cleanliness of the tank, it always looked good and healthy.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.