A question for computer wizards!

Caper

Just thought somebody here might know about this. I keep getting pop ups, about games usually when it happens down in the right hand corner of my screen in a little blue box, so to speak, in black letters it read "Ad served by BrowsingProgram".

Anybody know what this is and how can I get rid of it? I have my pop up blocker on so it's something different.

Caper

thanks folks :bow:

Mozilla Firefox - what is that?

I just looked through my explorer and came across something called "BrowsingProgram" which is exactly what comes up in the little box " Ad served by BrowsingProgram". I tried to delete it but it wouldn't let me, so I went to add/remove programs and removed it there. I don't remember ever seeing it before I started having these pop ups so I hope that was it and that I didn't remove something I needed :o:o

Caper

Welcome to the world of spyware / adware / scumware.

You can try using something like Ad-Aware to remove it. I wont get them all, but is pretty good against the common ones.

http://www.lavasoftusa.com/products/ad_aware_free.php

Otherwise you will need to get into some more in depth detective work. It will have come attached to some freebie download like a screensaver or game. It's generally buried in the fine print of the user agreement that they can show you adverts. :-?

If Ad Aware doesn't remove it, post again and we can dig a bit deeper.

Ian