Should I Clean the Back of the Tank??

skaffen

Hiya

I'm new to keeping tropical fish and was wondering, should I clean the back of the tank - on the inside I mean. I have a black backing, and it's against the wall so there's no visual issues, I'm just wondering what's best for the fish!

Cheers

Si

I daresay the fish couldn't care less... I am leaving the back of my tanks uncleaned, just a little experiment to see how it goes, might look more natural (then again algae is fine by me and helps 'age' my native tanks).

It is proving to absorb the glare from the flash when I take photos, could be handy when it gets more coverage.

Hey there

I have read that if you let algae grow on the parts of your tank that you don't look through that they absorb any excess nutrients and make it harder for other algae to grow on the front of your tank. Thats the theory .... plus I can't be buggered doing it :D . Seems to be working OK but I still struggle wih algae. Florish excel is my best friend!!