High pH..

Jalil30

Thanks.. I was gonna go with the synos. I've never seen or heard of the blue phantom in my area, but I would love a pleco in there. I always thought plecos were plecos, silly me. I have lots of different ones different colors bought at different times. and one looks a lot like photos I am pulling up for the blue phantom. Could it me an impostor?

A blue phantom would definitely not be suitable as it would be too shy and retiring for the malawis and struggle for food unless you 'lights out' fed it, and their natural water parameters are alot softer.

Bristlenose are ok unless your talking about sharing with mbunas which will pick on it in territory disputes.

Synos would be my choice like cuckoo or Angelicus perhaps or pick up a big Featherfin-cheap and bulletproof.

A blue phantom would definitely not be suitable as it would be too shy and retiring for the malawis and struggle for food unless you 'lights out' fed it, and their natural water parameters are alot softer.

Bristlenose are ok unless your talking about sharing with mbunas which will pick on it in territory disputes.

Synos would be my choice like cuckoo or Angelicus perhaps or pick up a big Featherfin-cheap and bulletproof.

2nded - Cuckoos would be my recommendation.

I have 1 male and 2 female BN's in my rift lake setup, no problems, in fact the BN's have spawned and the fry are being looked after by dad and will probably end up as a tasty snack when he has had enough! Also in there are 3 syno's ,they seem to be more shy , but are real characters when feeding. I do believe that the bristle nose's eat the brichardi fry at night, this is something to consider if wanting to breed.