BEST PHOSPHATE REMOVER

perren

I use phosguard or Rowaphos. Rowaphos is a bit more pricey but it is Iron based rather than aluminium based and apparently more effective. either way i don't think it matters, you pay more for rowaphos as it will absorb more phosphate and so it will last longer, works out about the same in the end

Discretion - i.e. avoid putting it into your tank in the first place. Otherwise I like SeaChem's Phosguard.

Hmmm i've been thinking about that, and yes, you can avoid putting it in your tank by skimping on feedings etc, or you can run some and be a little more relaxed with feeding. Makes feeding a bit more fun too i.e Piece of this, bit of that, sprinkle of this, drop of that ;)

SeaChem SeaGel for me. Mixture of Matrix Carbon and Phosguard.

I use seachem phosguard - have also had purigen in there. Just make sure that whatever you use you keep an eye on your test results and replace before they become ineffective.

Isn't Purigen the one that you can reactivate by soaking in bleach?

• 2 weeks later...
i use generic stuff :lol: the GFO rather than the aluminum based stuff

Ditto! Works excellent, bought in bulk, and a fraction of the price of "that expensive stuff" :D

I also use Purigen with excellent results, but I don't have sun corals either.

• 3 weeks later...