egg bound beardies

rockwork

the first time mine laid you could hardly tell at all.the main thing was it went off its food and was acting differently.I thought it was sick or something at the time.Put her outside for some sun and she started digging,23 eggs later she was skinny with sagging skin?I would not go squeezing and feeling,the eggs are quite soft and if you managed to break any peritonitis would be a rapid death?

if you put their front feet on one hand and lift gently by the base of the tail and look at their under belly from behind,you may see slight bumps in their belly like a bunch of grapes.I found that they laid alot earlier in the season than this but not sure about late laying?Varanophile would know more than most.

they still seem to know whats really happening with the seasons outside.could be wrong but have witnessed this with my young boxies kept inside for their first winter as well.The coming out of brumation period seems to be a direct trigger for mating acceptance and egg production whatever else happens.