R.I.P pinky :(

BlueMoon

:cry::cry:

My beautiful red/pink Siamese fighter crowntail male passed away last night :(

On the 2nd day after his fry hatched I removed him as he was lying on the floor alot on sat. I put him in his own little recovery tank and he continued to lay on the floor not interested in food or anything :(

He tryed hard to get to the surface so I moved him into a guppy breeder so he wouldnt have far to swim 2 take a breath :cry:

He passed away last night :(.....he seemed to use his last bit of strength to look after his babies....so I hope they live on, I am so excited to see what colours pop up!! :bounce: There are heaps more fry then i first though, 100+ even.

P3040103.jpg

P3040077.jpg

P3040070.jpg

P3040062.jpg

R.I.P little man!

:cry:

feel sorry for you! :cry:

i fond that sumtime if a couple wont getting well during breeding, the male will turn to be 'sad' or 'dissapointed', and will lose color and ly on the bottom, seem like lose mojo or someting, so i think if they do not get well during breeding we should separate them immidiately. also, in Tailand, people keep them in seper jars, and use barrier to make sure males do not see each others often(maybe twice a day), and as long as they see each other, they are excited, and will starting showing off! they call it 'trainning fighers'. good luck with the babies!! all the best!

That was sad to hear. You should end up with a few like him though.

I am assuming he was imported and not locally bred. There seems to be a pattern emerging with the imported fish not lasting as well.

He may have used his last reserves hatching his fry but be positive, it won't always happen and you will be able to use his fry to breed on.