March 18, 200818 yr comment_221449 I thought that blue rams were peaceful. I researched them and read that they were OK in a community tank. I've had them for a couple of months now and thought they were just settling in (silly me). Now they are really getting on my nerves and may get rid of them, are they usually aggressive? It's actually only the one that is aggresive (but I know that if I get rid of him the other one will become aggro). So far he has nipped all my corys, my gold rams and my neons but the thing that has annoyed me most is they attacked Clots my double crown siamese fighter. Are they ussually like this? Thanks for reading my complaint. Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221451 Like all/most cichlids rams get aggro when spawning. Could this be it? Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221452 I don't think so because they are both males and sometimes they attack each other. Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221453 I don't think so because they are both males How do you know this?? Often males and females get a bit messed up Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221458 They both have a long tip thing on their dorsal fin and their bottom back fin is long. (I'm not very good at explaining things if you didn't notice :lol: :lol: :lol: ) Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221465 IF , you want rid of them drop me a PM i'm after a new blood line in blue rams Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221470 Just brainstorming How big is your tank? have they got enough room to mark off territory?(your golds will have their own spots too unless ivé got the wrong idea). How many hiding places do you have? My Gold Rams have all taken a certain hiding area they considder their own. Normally they will intermingle in the open areas but if they want time out they retreat to their own hiding places. Might the Blues considder the Golds close enough relatives to see them as a threat? Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221472 Their are plenty of hiding spaces for the other fish to hide. The blue rams don't really have a teritory they just swim around the tank looking for their next victom. Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221481 They shouldn't be aggressive, however my two blue rams sometimes tries to take a nip out of my siamese fighter's fin, but it's never a problem. Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221511 Rams are territorial and two males will be busy defending their territory from the other bloke. There will be chasing and head butting and the occasional nip but unless there is damage occurring, don't worry about it. It might help if you get yourself a nice chunky piece of driftwood to lay down the middle of the tank to very clearly define territorial boundaries. That way, chances are that apart from feeding time each male will sit on opposite sides of the driftwood with just an occasional check over the top to make sure the other guy doesn't have a better territory. Report
March 18, 200818 yr comment_221514 When I had the 4 pairs of rams the males were really stroppy and used to constantly have a go at each other, one would even take on the discus. However I only have 1 blue one left now and its a female. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.