May 22, 200422 yr comment_18235 my sump pump gave up last night any sugestions on a replacement one the one i have pumps around 3600litres an hour with a metre head Report
May 22, 200422 yr comment_18257 what pump did you have? personally, i would only ever suggest eheim for reliability and performance! a 1060 does about 2200l/hr Report
May 22, 200422 yr comment_18260 The Jebo are a new filter on the market and are reasonably priced. Check them out. Sympathy re your sump failing.........how are you getting on at the moment?? Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18267 He'd need two 1060s to get enough flow. Even the 1262, which seems to be the biggest eheim makes wouldn't be big enough and I've had quotes for them from $300-600. So...Ummm...I've got better places to spend my money than on overpriced eheim pumps. I think I'd go with something like a pair of laguna pond pumps. Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18275 Doch i use a laguna 6 which is pretty grunty,can you repair yours? you can buy a pump from trade me,shop around. Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18276 Ira - depends on the minimum/maximum rate of his overflow - just because he has a 3300l/hr now, doesnt mean thats the minimum and that he has to stick with it. Its only (I assume based on your profile) for a 300 litre tank so a 1060 for the sump and the addition of a closed loop may suffice. You've only got better places to spend your money on than Eheims because you're tight - it amazes me why you're setting up a reef tank in the first place... unless it's a 15 year project. Report
May 23, 200422 yr Author comment_18279 overflow is not a problem i have replaced it with a waterwerks pump 4800 litres an hour 2 metre head Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18298 4 foot, 220 litre marine then if you want to be particular about it. Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18303 ha haaa! shall i describe what you ate for breakfast too? still, point of dicussion is that its still expensive - even if you're only going fish and live rock. were you not after coral - im sure i read somewhere you were looking for some. how much did you just spend on live rock that got shipped down to you? Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18304 Nope, I'm not looking for coral. And it was $275 for that live rock, but that's a case of the best price around, not a case where I could have gotten something else that would work just fine for far less. Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18307 Yeah, but now I'm pretty much set for live rock. Most expensive thing so far. Now, if some people I've emailed about skimmers would reply to my emails... Ok, we're hijacking this thread. Sorry, Doch. Report
May 23, 200422 yr comment_18324 To get the thread back on track, I would reccomend an Ehiem 1262. I use 2 of these for sump returns. If you are paying more than $400 for these pumps you are paying to much, get hold of me 'I know some people'. As a sump return I agree with what Chimera said, its a maximium for the plumbing, not a minimum. My system has about 9 Ehiem pumps running on it, and its no accident that companies like Korallin and Deltec use these pumps. They present the best 'value' on the market. Value however does not equate to be the cheapest at the point of purchase. I try and get the most out of my pumps, hence the reason I use gravity so much. I feed the tank via the Ehiems, then I feed the skimmer via gravity (3000 litres an hr), my mechnical filteration and my Zeovit are all fed via gravity. And they also circulate water through my Sea Swirls and SCWDs so I am using them as much as possilbe. Yes Ehiem are expensive but its not for nothing. They work for ever, spare parts are available here in NZ (and often locally), and they are suitably powerfull. The 1262 is the biggest, the 1264 is not available yet. Get the ehiem, NEVER worry about it again. Pies Report
May 25, 200422 yr comment_18380 I know of two different people who have been using a good range of Eheim pumps for 12+ years without a single problem, not bad value Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.