Nkhomo-Benga Peacock

danilada

When browsing google for possible tank mates, I came across this fish "Nkhomo-Benga Peacock" is this available on NZ or does it have another name?

I really like the picture google has of it, and it says it is peaceful :D

Yes I know google some-times lies, before thats pointed out.

What fish are you looking for exactly? The first few pics are a dead ringer of my baenshi that I am breeding.. Others are a range of different species some of which are around..

http://images.google.co.nz/images?hl=en ... ages&gbv=2

I haven't heard of that name thats the problem with using common names try and go through the cichlid-forum or whatever gallery and get descent names..

Heres some pics for you

Baenshi - A very bad pic he has coloured alot more since this pic but is in my big display tank and I haven't managed to get a descent pic since.. Flash makes fish have more blue in body than it does.

Baenshimale.jpg

Jacob - one of the 2 strains I have.

MaleJacob.jpg

Not a rude question at all everyone can walk into a pet shop and see retail prices..

Baenshi were around $50 around 75% sexable, unsure if they are still on the list, even if they are they will probably differ from what I have as the lists seem to be very variable.

Jacob's are on there around 2-3cm's current retail is $55, however they may not show up like that male same reason as above. The last lot brought in 2 different strains which I have both of.

Of course if you contact a breeder you can get them cheaper probably max $10 at 2-3cm's, maybe $20-25 sexable.. The breeder I got some of mine off is in wellington :)

That is the only way to make sure you get the strain you want by buying off a breeder who has grown the babies out to see if they are are all true and you can view or see photos of the parents.. Have seen some randoms come off the list..

The jacob strain I got from down there is awesome.. I don't have any pics as the male is only just colouring up but his male is around 15cm's + and looked like this

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... hp?id=1383

With the ones that are pictured the males loose the white tips to the tail and some on top of the dorsal both still very nice fish..

Johannes, are your's yellow or orange? One pic shows up orange one yellow the flash does random things.. Did you manage to breed those guys yet?

The jacob strain I got from down there is awesome.. I don't have any pics as the male is only just colouring up but his male is around 15cm's + and looked like this

http://www.cichlid-forum.com/profiles/s ... hp?id=1383

With the ones that are pictured the males loose the white tips to the tail and some on top of the dorsal both still very nice fish..

Johannes, are your's yellow or orange? One pic shows up orange one yellow the flash does random things.. Did you manage to breed those guys yet?

They are yellow! in the second pic he look a bit dark but it's the dam lights cannot seem to get any good pic's since we put stronger lights in to help with the Algae growth, as they are too bright ! :x Yes they are breeding well have seen heaps of fry in the tank :P

Ive got one like that :D from mike as well =) mine is fully yellow as well,so beautiful now. and about the other lemon one ive got something from Mike that starts to look like that fish as well. coloured yellow fins and next to gills and blue body. But on my fish yellow is not that light and bright its more dark yellow.. still beautiful tho =)