FLY CONTROL around fish, newts, other insects??????

good question i usually just cover up the tanks and let it rip with the fly spray its not to bad at the moment here because its slowly getting cooler but theres still enough flies to drive me nuts and just throughly wash me hands in hot water after spraying would like to know any other natural alternatives

have you tried them raid fly stickers put them on the outside of the tank ive never tried them but maybe it will work also clear any uneaten foods and move food supply outside some were or in the fridge? sorry just trying to through any ideas out there not sure what you have and what you've tried

just a thought maybe not the sticker im not sure how long it takes to kill the flies but if they got into the tank the could take the poison in with them and maybe worse if the animal ate the insect

the trouble with those fly traps mincie, is that the smell of the bait actually attracts more flies.

try a fan in the room as flying insects dont like too much air movement. Ever noticed how on a windy day , the flies seem to congregate indoors.They are getting out of the wind.

Seems to work ok for me.

ive got too many flies 4 swatting + i dont like swatting the dirty lil suckers all around the place lol

its so bad i cant even put me cupa done for a minute in the shed (cant have that) without flies landing IN my drink haha and its neally winter so it shouldnt be sooo bad atm, hmmmmmmmm

it has been really bad for flies this year, if im out working in the shed i cant have any food or drink because they are are that bad too. they are all over the trees outside the lounge window so i cant open that & i have to have the front door shut. roll on winter!