Tank Crashing, so RESTOCK TIME!

markoshark

Due to two tank crashes in a short space of time

1. Rowaphos reactor splitting, and the grains being spread throughout the system via the skimmer eating the bits (lost Male Clarkii, CBS, Skunk Cleaner, and Coral Beauty)

2. Bacterial / algae / something bloom, killing off what REMAINED of my fish (grr). (Female Clarkii, Blue Damsel, 2 Chromis, Naso Tang, Blue Mandarin)

So, 1.2x700x600 display, with lit sump / fuge, full reef.

Calupra Forest starting soon I hope.

I'm going to add another sump tank into the system, will be like 500x500x500 or something, to act as a bubble remover and also to add more water into the system (more water = good right?)

The system will be setup so that all the water enters the first sump, which will have the calupera growing in it, with a few lights, basically only enough space to reach in and harvest it as required , with 3x 50mm holes allowing water to escape, before exiting into the main sump, the first "chamber" as such will have approx 10kg of rock in it, and then into the final chamber, for the skimmer, rowaphos reactor etc, before the return pump sends water back into the display. Hopefully the skimmer will leave enough stuff alive to send back :P

I'll be waiting a few weeks / months to stock it up again.

Definate List:

Pair of Blue Mandarins

Naso Tang

Rest i'm open to.

Big Anenome and Harem of clowns?

Yellow Tang

Blue Tang (Yick)

School of Bangai Cardinals (Would like..)

I fail to see how bits of rowaphos is going to kill fish/shrimps,

Used it for over 5 years and no deaths , even after i some of it went in my sump where i have a few fish and shrimps.

Rowaphos can be a problem if you add to much and it drops your kh/ph to low. other than that it wont kill your fish by have some go in the tank.

when adding rowaphos i always raise my Kh levels to allow for the ph drop.

Is the rock still alive ?. I would watch the algae growth and type to see how the system is going without any live stock. It may need to cycle a bit first.

To much bio load for skimmer and live rock can cause problems to. Would hate to see you lose anymore fish.

• 2 weeks later...