Our frogs new home

becc4

Well stayed up late last night getting our frogs new home sorted. Its all done, not as good as I had hoped it to be (rushed it a little bit really)...

Hope I attach the images correctly...

frontview.jpg

sideview.jpg

Mod to the rescue :)

Bill.

Thanks Bill :D

Green Gold bell's I think they are called. We have 7 in the tank...it'll be ok while they are small, I plan on moving some out to a pond once they start growing. I'll keep a few inside because they are cool to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks :) I don't know much about keeping bromeliads, will have to look into it because the flower has lost its bright pink colouring. The frogs love the plant because they can sit themselves down inside the vase bits of the plant. I am glad that I decided to keep the frogs inside, because they are a hoot to watch. I plan on re-doing the tank with more flora soonishly.

Thanks Brom2, yeah it has quite a few pups, will do some reading about them today.

Yeah Mark the brom thats in there is a tillandsia, just did a search for what the plant was

The tank size is 75cmx50cmx35cm hopefully it will be big enough to keep all of the frogs inside over winter, then in spring I will have them out into a pond...

The plants seem to be going well, I haven't used a mister for them. There appears to be a bit of moisture in there, with condensation in the mornings..suppose it is just the plant respiration etc I really want to plant the tank out, bt in doing that I know we wont see the frogs very often.

bromeliads need to be topped up with water i have the same 1 just left the moss on and wired it to mangrove root, they are also a tropical plant, so should be fine indoors unless ur house is really cold , they recoomend fertilising with a liquid feed 1nce a year during the growing season but note fertilisers are toxic to frogs i would recommend a weak foliar feed directed only at the plant. the flowers dont last 4ever but come back each year , i am after a another tillandsia called spanish moss but i cannot find it anewhere in chch except the botanical gardens and they wont let me have ane , if ane1 knows how to get it please pm me