Palmerston north club?

There was an attempt to start the club last year, but it fell over when the guy starting it had a baby and got busy...

I know several people who are very keen to *support* a club, but not *run* it, they have been there done that for a number of years in the past. There is also a bank account and fairly massive library etc sitting about waiting to be passed on the the next incarnation of the local club.

I will email and pm a couple of people this thread.

Stella said...

> I know several people who are very keen to *support*

> a club, but not *run* it...

I'm one of those people and have the club library and financial stuff in my spare bedroom. I wouldn't mind if it went away :) but only when a proper club starts up again.

I would be more than keen to attend meetings.

Andrew.

formallyknowasNRC101 said...

> what has the support been like from the ppl like wet pets?

There are no 'ppl' quite 'like wet pets'. :)

As a rule they're not overly interested in supporting clubs although Peter was an active PNAS member for a while a couple of years ago.

Andrew.

A lot of us are interested in joining, the idea a few months ago was to have a joined PN and Wanganui club with a meeting point in Bulls but both Ryan and I have recently had additions to our families and don’t really have the time.

There is also the problem of becoming part of the FNZAS also and that would have to be done through the FNZAS president.

The problem with having the LSF involved is that there is a possibility that they will inappropriately promote there own shop over another and FNZAS, as far as I am aware, has rules around every person and shop being treated equally.

Yes we tried to start it a while ago we thought to get members we would go for levin/wanganui/palmy and have meetings at our place, but as pointed out we have a young baby and we wouldn't be able to travel around without our daughter in the evenings or anything so it would be a hassle..

It is hard to get the numbers to justify it,

As win pointed out its hard to get a shop behind a club they are out there to make money and all that and people in clubs are out to get stuff cheap also if they put up fliers in the shop they are seen to be supporting it and if anything bad happens or someone doesn't like it it may come off badly towards the shop..

If there was sufficient interest I will join and help out but with baby and my fishroom overseas trips from work and that dont really have much spare time to do too much.

What say someone organises a tank crawl? Just a one off event, start a thread, set a date, generate interest, organise an itinerary. It would be a great way to meet some local people!

Bags not me, I am organising a native fish hunt at easter.

I want to see what Shadowfax's tanks are looking like now! :)

Stella said...

> What say someone organises a tank crawl?

Works for me. I'd turn up, all things being equal.

I only have the one tank in the house these days, as well as a swimming pool with goldfish in it but people are welcome here anytime. There's usually some non-fishy things here to interest people...

Andrew.

Ditto I thought I had met most of the fishy people around here but guess im wrong..

I dont have much going on and my fishroom is a bit of a mess at the moment wasting my foot doesn't allow me to clean it out like I had planned this week!

Who has any number of tanks and would want to be involved in a tank crawl?

Five tanks, all native fish, though after the run of bad luck recently I expect any or all to spontaneously self-destruct at any moment.

Get in while you still can! ;) :roll:

(People with only one little tank, don't be put off by others with heaps or huge tanks! The more the merrier!)

In The hamilton club we had 2 tank crawls a year. it was a really really fun day. It doesnt matter if your have a 2000L tank or a 2L tank. its a great day to get pplz advice tips or just comments about your tank. you also pick up great ideas for your tank at home. Also i am in the same boat as a lot of members with babys. we can make it a play date for them too! :lol:

Ok well I might start arranging something..

Who's keen?

Stella-

Win-

NRC-

Ajbroome-

Sandra-

Jammo's-

And who is keen to host people we could have a bbq or something? Were a bit out of the way out here in bull's though is everyone keen to travel we dont mind driving to palmy, could maybe fire up the bbq here or somewhere at the end of the drive around..

Fire ban here Ryan. BUT if we do accidentally light a BBQ then there’s a hose ban so we won’t be able to put it out :evil:

I can be in for a tank crawl but as you know I have nothing interesting at the moment except a lot of sick apisto's.