February 18, 200818 yr comment_215010 Hi guys, I have just brought 2 frogs. I'm pretty sure I've read somwhere that you can make traps to catch bugs. Has anyone made one before and if so how? Report
February 18, 200818 yr comment_215035 Think http://www.reptiles.org.nz has some plans Also check trademe Report
February 24, 200818 yr comment_216363 I just use a .sauce punnet poke holes in it, put fruit in and close lid. Leave on windows, give it a week or less and bugs you will have.Hope that helps Report
February 24, 200818 yr comment_216367 use a fish net and catch flies. if they are very young frogs, pull 1 wing off before feeding, otherwise the frogs have too much trouble catching them Report
February 24, 200818 yr comment_216370 Dog roll(food) on a hot day on the lawn. Sneak up with a net and wham, you can do it all day lol Been doing it for years :roll: Report
February 24, 200818 yr comment_216375 why not just breed them. easy enough :roll: As their are millions around Report
February 24, 200818 yr comment_216409 http://www.reptiles.org.nz/images/Eco%20Fly%20TrapL.jpg this is the fly trap on http://www.reptiles.org.nz HTH :lol: Report
February 24, 200818 yr comment_216414 ive found a good way to make a trap but its hard to explain :oops: Report
February 24, 200818 yr comment_216416 OK time for a bad picture! dig a hole in the ground just big enough for a jar to fit in put a few small rocks around the rim and then a bigger flat one on top its good for catching things like woodlice they hide under rocks so they go in fall in the jar and can't climb out Report
February 25, 200818 yr comment_216532 Thanks for all the advice. At the moment I'm catching flies with a net and can catch heaps if it's good weather. I think I'll try the jar trick thanks wilson. They are young frogs but have no trouble eating flies. Report
February 25, 200818 yr comment_216606 take a decent net with fine netting and sweep thru long grass in a park. you'll get heaps this time of year. watch out for the men in white coats tho... Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.