Fish in the Nelson Area ..

thatpurplebunny

I was wondering if anyone in the upper south, Nelson area could advise me of the best places or people to get fish from and/or tanks ?

We're new to the hobby, yet well and truly hooked with tank number seven being purchased last week (two of us addicts with completely differing tastes in colour & species); and with common guppies costing $14 each at the lfs (if you consider 2hrs away local?), I don't even want to begin to add up how much we have spent so far - or will in the future! Especially given I'm mid-way through drafting house extension plans and now there's talk of a possible 'fish room' being added to replace the loft I decided against *oh my ...

I'm also heading down to Christchurch for a quick visit next month so will be checking out what is available there - anyone want to recommend a must see shop?

I'm not 100% sure from which direction I would be traveling as yet as I need to head down south for a bit .. But message about carpool noted - Thanks Caryl ..

re: Guppies - That's what I thought, considering how easy they breed .. We bought some lovely snakeskin ones via TM/Aquanut, so I think I may get a few coloured from him too :D

Hi All,

I travel from Christchurch to Blenhiem then thru to Nelson and back about every 6-8 weeks.

So if you wana email teh fishy shops ( no recomendations) and get a fish list and put together a shopping list I can bring fish up when I next come thru.

If you wanted to contribute to petrol that woudl be great otherwise no biggie.

HTH

Navarre