Hello

Tigger

Hello,

Just joined the forum today and thought I would come and introduce myself. I am the long suffering other half of Rufus and part owner of a rather lovely (even if I do say so myself) 60l tropical tank :D

I'm from england originally (well nobody's perfect according to Rufus) but moved out to the Tron 18 months ago for a year and am having too much fun to go home!

The tank is proving a steep learning curve but it has been fun so far and hopefully will continue to be so :bounce:

fushtank.jpg

Caryl wrote:

gotta have someone to laugh at

:( and I thought you were my friend...good thing you don't hear my accent :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hi & welcome Tigger,

Gee, I thought for a minute that my cat Tigger became a genius and learned to type :lol: :lol:

Looking forward to the pics...have you tried using photobucket?

Caper

Isn't that one of the sure fire ways to annoy a kiwi? Call them an Aussie! :D

It's easy to tell them apart. Aussies Keep "Tropcl feeesh, mate" and Kiwis keep "Trupucul Fush, 'Ay Bro". Also, be careful when asking a Kiwi for 6 of anything.

Kiwis walk around in "sweet as.." gumboots and black singlets unless they are a JAFA in which case they carry a latte and a man-bag .....and Aussies all wear "bonza" bikinis that match their hats with corks on ...... isn't that right?

As a Welshman I'm going back to my "tidy" choir in the Valley next to the mine and sheepfarm ....... Boyo.

But, as Vic Reeves said, "All generalisations are wrong".

(For those of you from outside New Zealand I'll let someone lse explain JAFA, I'm new on this site and don't want to get thrown off yet :) )

Oh jeepers...I'm sorry I certainly didn't mean to offend anyone. I wasn't saying that New Zealanders were "Aussies". I was just wondering if the accents were similar. I certainly know that different places different accents. Heck, my accent can be different from someone living a hundred miles from me or next door for that matter :lol: :lol: :lol:

Caper

You didn't offend anyone Caper, they are just trying to explain how we differ. You know people who come from the far south of NZ as they sound different (huge Scottish influence in the ancestry) but most kiwis sound similar. Unlike America and Canada where, as you said, accents differ widely across country.