URGENT : I submersed my Heater

breakaway

I bought an Aqua One Heater, and I submerged it full over the line that says "Level"

Is that bad ? Will it short out now ?

Awaiting Replies before I turn it on.

Edit: The temp Knob and everythuing including that little plastic thing where the wire goes in were submerged. Have I damaged my Heater ?

Pleas Help :cry:

I use the 300w aqua-one heater in my 4' tank and it is compleatly under water :)

I think it is better to have them compleatly underwater as there is less danger of the water evaporating to low and blowing the heater up :)

hope this helps

wait a few days!

you want your temp to be right before you put fish in , the last thing you need is to be turning the heater up and down for the next few days , your poor fish will get white spot.

id say go with something other than neons cos they die at the drop of a hat if you really want to do a cycle with fish id suggest using something a little stronger maybe guppys or mollies(do you have mollies in nz?) neons may survive the hard times with amonia and nitrate spikes but for a good idea of whats going on id go for hardier fish

just my 2c

I probably wouldn't cycle with neons - just because they don't regularly eat off the gravel - so you're likely to accumulate uneaten food on the bottom of the tank. Since you plan on having cories anyway - I'd start off with them.

I agree with Rob, neons would only prolong the cycle the cory's are a better bet. And as for using guppies or Mollies these are the only fish that I lost during my first cycle. I had a pretty harsh cycle due to lack of knowledge and the two fish that did survive were labyrinths, a male betta and a golden gourami. Which at a guess I would say it is because they could also breath air when the water quality got quite bad. 8)

Listen to Rob, strongly suggest getting a bottom feeder like a couple of cories next, that said give it some time to cycle now you have the neons but feed them sparingly and do vacuum gravel. more water changes slow the cycle but make it less harsh.