Kapi-Mana Club Meeting

Janey

All members should have received a phone call from Kevin by now, but just to remind everyone our meeting is tomorrow night at 7.45pm.

Also, BIG REMINDER of the change of venue!! Meetings will be held at mums place, 20 Mexted Tce, Tawa until further notice. Don't forget!

We have a new president too, Roger has stepped down and Kevin has taken his place. Can someone update the clubs page please? :P

Everyone is welcome so if there are any new people who want to come along, please do !

Jane

• 3 weeks later...

Running late as usual I quickly got out my maps thinking all I will need is a quick check to find mexted tce... :) However my kapiti area map went as far south as porirua and my wellington area map went as far north j-ville meaning I had every suburb south of Otaki covered EXCEPT TAWA...unbelievable! :roll: I will make sure I buy a Tawa map before the next meet...

What did I miss?

Richard

haha, Took me abou an hour to get home! Thought, "looks like the road joins up with the motorway here, I'll go that way should be quicker. No...That just goes UNDER the motorway. Ok, I'll go this way, has to meet up sometime. Nope, doesn't seem to, ok, I'll try this way...Nope, ok this way looks promising...AHH! I'm back where I started!"

• 2 weeks later...

Melanotaenia, i would not worry about being late; the first meeting that i went to (when held in plimmerton) was a complete disaster.

Coming from town i took the hutt turn off, rather than SH1, then when we finally did get to plimmerton (via upper hutt) i realised that my map did not reach that far.

going on some vague directions we got to the right street, but i had forgotten the address! after wandering around the dark street for about half an hour, knocking on the occasional door and getting strange looks from people when asking if they had seen a whole pile of 'fishy' people wandering around, one nice fellow gave us a phone book. We finally arrived just in time for introductions and some tea and buscuits.

these days we drive into tawa at about 6pm and loiter so even if the car explodes and raving mad devil goats eat my trousers we will not be late!

• 1 month later...

Hey people

i was wondering if you can help me with my query. Warren, our president came and gave us a talk (last tuesday night at the north shore aquarium society) about setting up a planted discus tank. I'm in the process of setting my tank up. Can any of you hook me up with information on how to go about setting up an Amazon tank, with special regards to the substrate (the wire to cause convection currents), filteration, pH regulation and so on!

Cheers!!!!

Ira - yes, as far as I know we are going go-karting on Sunday at about 1pm. You should get a phone call in the next few days about it, I can't remember who was organising it, Roger or Kevin.

Mars - sorry I can't answer your question, but hopefully someone else can ! :D

Well.....

I didn't see you there Nick ! Did you arrive while we were racing?

Anyway, I WON !! :D I am the go-kart champion, hehehe. 2nd place went to Kevin and 3rd to Chris. Ira came second to last (he kept crashing). Roger couldn't make it and I'm not sure who the Roger look alike was.

So I now have two titles, tenpin bowling champion and go-kart champion ! :):):)

I arrived and disappeared while most were on the track, I noticed that last years accident victim was not racing. I wonder why!!!.

Also wondering who the rog look a like was, but hard to say as all was wearing that great looking white hat!!!.

I think I woulda been right about at the top if I hadn't crashed so much. I figure I crashed about 10 times but I was only 3 laps down and I lost about a lap or more each time I crashed.

So...Uhh...Yeah, that's my excuse.:)