eurythromycin?

Slightly Blue Dalmation

I asked at the last vet clinic I was at Fenris, and they said they didn't stock it (well, not in the strength tablets recommended on here)

Must check phosphate levels first tho *sigh* in a few weeks time when I am back where my tanks are

If levels are low, what do I do to get things back to normal anyway? Everyone says "oh, you can't just use ABs, you have to fix the problem" but still not sure what to do exactly...

I work for a GP and have a friend in the A&E dept at the local hospital. They are happy to nab a few for me whenever I need them.

My GP loves to up to the hospital just so he can say "Can I have a few E Mycin tabs for my receptionist? She has algae." :lol:

I have 21 eurythromycin e.s. Ta 400mg PAC... sitting right here in front of me. They are in tablet form... around 12.5mm long by 6mm wide by around 4mm deep... and are pink.

They were prescribed for me... but I had some terrible side effects... so stopped taking them.

Don't know what the legal issue is here.. as they are a prescription only drug.

Bill.

I have posted a few to a number of people several times with no problems. I tape them to a sheet of cardboard and pop them in an envelope.

Pegasus they are the same as the ones my Dr friends aquire for me.

I don't know if passing them on is illegal but they are not going to be able to do any homebaking or anything with the 4 - 6 required to get rid of cyano so I can't see a problem.

Be a devil pegasus and post him some of your stash :wink:

I have tried to get ahold of my friend but he isn't answering the phone and I think he might not be working until after Christmas so I can't get them to you. Was hoping to bring them down with me on Monday if I could get some.

Caryl wrote:

I don't know if passing them on is illegal but

At the moment I am taking around 18... (yes eighteen)... tablets a day... (not those ones thank goodness)... and there could be a legal issue... which could put my continuous flow of tablets in jeopardy... which are the only things keeping me going at the moment...

So.... Is it legal...?

Would you risk it in my position...?

Why did you reply in the first place Bill...?... :oops:

Hope you sort it out.

BTW:

I ordered something from Auckland TEN DAYS ago... and it only just arrived in the morning post... so by the time you got them (if it were to happen)... then you possibly would have the prob sorted by then.

Bill.

Have you tried calling the after hours vet hospital?

Antigua St? They often use human versions of meds on animals (from my own experience there and based on my vets comments) they may be willing to help. They'll be open tomorrow.

I would suggest you find a very reputable looking reference on the net (or 3) print them out...and drop in.

I have got some erythromycin for you Sightly Blue Dalmation. We head to ChCh in the morning. PM me your address. If it isn't near where we will be, I will drop it off at Organism for you.

We are staying at Belfast but have to drop plant off to Hoon Hay. Also plan on doing the rounds of shops - depending on weather and traffic jams :wink: