Frog ID

Jalil30

What's that about Coelacenth? Do I need my secret decoder?

Na i work with him he started going on about the legal implications of having one of these frogs then realised after he posted that you arent from here and didnt know how to delete the post so edited it instead....and now i shall go point and laugh at him

Na i work with him he started going on about the legal implications of having one of these frogs then realised after he posted that you arent from here and didnt know how to delete the post so edited it instead....and now i shall go point and laugh at him

wow that's your second post in three years!

yes, I didn't notice the country of origin and had to quickly edit the post (because I couldn't delete it) to avoid the shame.

Oh well.

That is all.

Now I go hang my head.

Oh okay that's happened to me once... But that's the best of 1.000.000.000 photos of the frog. Have not seen him since as he has plenty of hiding spots in my 180l Community Tank. here is one other ok one... but I dont think its much better. Worse even... But i will be on the lookout for him... thanks guys.

frog1.jpg

:D:D:D:D

here's my new attempt at a post.

Yes it is a clawed frog (or clawed toad, the names are interchangeable). Probably Xenopus laevis which is the most common species but some smaller ones are also sold in pet shops (um, not in NZ lol).

Do NOT keep it in your community tank or your fish will start disappearing. They are fully-aquatic but also very good at escaping. Make sure the lid fits well. They can't hop on the ground like regular frogs but do a sort of belly-flopping across the floor and end up drying out and dying under the sofa or somewhere.

They eat anything that moves or doesn't move, so very easy to feed.