has anyone breed yellow black eyed bristle-noses ?

kim

a friend of mine breed them last month, and i was wanting to know if she was the first to breed them.

I'm setting up a pair to breed (fingers crossed) in my shop so that everyone that comes in can see the babys as they breed true.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Their L number is L144. I don't mean to hijack your post, but can you help. I bought these yesterday I know ones is a male, but I'm not sure about the other. The male is about 6cm, the other is only about 5cm, but it seems to have a lot of bristlesfor its size (so does the male though). Do you think that it is a male or a female?

Black_Eyed_Bristles_1.thumb.jpg

Black_Eyed_Bristles_4.thumb.jpg

Cheers, CatBrat.

I.m selling them for $58 each

or you can wait until i have babys, looking at the female she is ready to go!!

give me a call alan we can work something out

from the pic that are showen thats two males !!!

and the fins are different in the females ,

i would put money on it that they are 2 boys , but i could be wrong haha :lol:

i have 4 of them and 2 look like to one on the left (in the pic) and my girl has no bristles at all and she was flirting with them today.

she is ready to breed :)

Thanks for the help guys. I think that it might be a young male who's bristles are just comming through. I will wait and see.

Kim, what size is your famale (do you only have one)? Good luck, I hope they spawn for you :D

Cheers, CatBrat.

she is about 3 1/2 inch -4 inches , i only have one left as i have sold the rest but i get them in all the time.

but with them breeding i didnt want to stock to many as i hope to be selling my own soon.

if you are after a few females let me know and i will see what i can get,

enjoy them and i have found the jbl pleco food to be the best to feed them, it has 10% woodfibre

eggs are looking good! cant put a web cam up at work and the video cam isnt working that great because they have breed in such a deep cave(for them) and the eggs are the same color as their cave.

i will take some pics if i can but will do it stage by stage.

they are ment to take about 5 days to hatch from what i can figger out so thursday or friday (fingers crossed)

my shop pupuke aquarium is the corner pupuke rd and lydia ave , birkenhead/northcote

if you are coming over in the weekend i will let you know when in on because im having some time of this weekend.

update! they hatched today!! they are so cute , they are clear in colour with a yellow egg sack, i got to tape some of them hatching out , what a buzz! i have over 20 , 16 in a breeding net because they swim away from their dad, he is keeping some in line :lol:

will let you no how they go :D

just an update,

babies are great :D !!!

im working sunday so if anyone wants to see them come in then and i might even show you the video of them hatching out haha if you want .

other wise mum and dad will be in work tomorrow so just go up to the plant tanks and have a look at the babies.