Hello there

bedazzled

I am a relative newbie to fishkeeping. I have a small freshwater tropical setup and I love it!

I can see myself needing a bigger tank before too long lol

I have had some teething problems but I can not rave about my LFS enough, the lady down there is an expert and very helpful and now I have a healthy tank with crystal clear water and to my total amazement I discoved a baby platy about a week ago!

Hi and welcome bedazzled. Congrats on the baby platy. What other fish are in your tank and what size is it? Also you should get another tank as you can never have to many.

Thanks Cam

I have 6 leopard danios (4 of which I think are going to spawn)

3 platy (4 with bubba)

2 golden corys

1 Bristlenose

My tank is only 10 Gallon so I know if they keep breeding then I am going to have to invest in a bigger tank because I will find it hard to part with any body lol

Does any one else have names for all the fish in their tanks or is it just me :oops:

Thanks for the welcome northland chick

Yea I know it makes it harder to lose them. We have been quite lucky I guess, my tank was in dire straights with a ammonia spike and according to the LFS when they tested the water all my fish should have been dead and we only lost one.

RIP sucky :(

Hi Bedazzed, welcome to the forum!! Nice to have another Northlander on board. Some of my fish still have names - you definitely aren't the only one. I kinda ran out of names a while ago now though.

What do you think your eggs were? Were they scattered on the bottom or stuck to something?

Good luck with your platy baby - I can spare some java moss or floating plants if you need a hiding place for it!!

Cherers,

Sam

welcome from another Northlander 8) ,where is your lfs ?

Thank you :D

my LFS is the one in Cameron Street, I have visited the others and I found the service, advice and most importantly the fish WAY better at Cameron St :D So I will not be getting anything from any where else :D