Air Pump

danilada

I use a ' Hi-Tech' aquarium air pump 1500, which has a single outlet, runs at 2.5psi, 1.5ltr/min, suitable to filter an aquarium of 18"x12"x12", 35decibels. Recommends you can run 2-3 air features from it. Its in the spare room but i put a sponge cloth (xlo i think)under it and there's no noise at all. oh ,,, just the bubbles. :lol: cant remember the exact price but wasnt over $50 that for sure.

Hows your fish going?? recovering ok i hope?

This would be my recommendation of what NOT to buy. I got i think it was Hailea or something?? OMG is it loud. I actually turn it off when I'm in the room (lounge). And it says super quiet on the box. Yeah? I'd hate to hear what loud is then! Guess thats what I get for buying cheap chinese crap. Oh well I was desperate and had little $$ at the time.

Might have to investigate these hi-tech ones.

ok I have 3....

1 Hi-tech 1000 - $20 something.....

1 Hi-tech 1500

These frist two are near my bed .... :x laying flat they started to drive my insane at night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm a light sleeper so that doesn't help! I have now put nails in my wall ( :oops: shhhhhh) and there alot better ....still hear them though....

1 Aqua One Precision air pump sr7500

Well I've only had this for 3 days but so far so good...more air than others- as two outlets..... laying flat on my desk (far corner of room) but isn't annoying as yet.... does make noise but not as bad as other when they were laying flat. Very pleased with this so far $23.70

oh Hi-tech comes with 1year warranty

Aqua One only has 6months ....the down side?

All the best with your choice

All the people that come into my bedroom (fishroom ) ask 'how do you sleep with all that noise?'

I have 3 air pumps running (2 doubles 1 single) in my bedroom, and they are not quiet, but i don't even hear them. I got used to it, and now i dont care. Mind you, im a very deep sleeper

Lets face it..... in the nicest way YOUR WEIRD!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

I don't know how you do it!! :o

When i had my 500L tank in my room i had one of those air compresser pumps rinnung and that was one that pumped 60LPM of air lol

that was at the end of my bed and i could sleep thru that noise from that but my parents got anoyed as they couldn't sleep very well because it was too noisy ther room is about 5 - 10metres away :-? i told them to harden up but they took it out while i was a skool. :evil: :evil: :evil:

So harden up and live with a little bit of noise :roll: :oops: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: