November 21, 200718 yr comment_196233 I had a 350L vivarium for whistling tree frogs at one stage... Dunno if there are any pics of it on this site? Report
November 21, 200718 yr Author comment_196257 how many frogs do you have Cam - i olny have the one big frog Report
November 21, 200718 yr comment_196264 how many frogs do you have got five litoria ewingii in that one some litoria raniformis and litoria aureas in other set ups Report
November 21, 200718 yr comment_196294 try to breed flys, moths etc - summer is easy, just put out traps Report
November 23, 200718 yr comment_196806 I've got one of the teraiums that Wilson has got also. They are great. I did have a container with water in but found the plants kept drying out really quickly so I changed it by scooping the stones up to leave a bare spot and tipped water in there. Plants are growing like mad now and it looks heaps better. I've got madien hair ferns. I did have two frogs in there and even though they were tadpoles together so therefore the same age one grew much faster than the other. I heard a funny noise coming from the tank one day and the big frog was trying to eat the little frog! The little frog now lives in a plastic fish tank with the lid off and covered with mesh. I found leaving the lid on, even though it had vents, the air didn't circulate enough and the plants started growing mould. I feed mine moths in the winter when nothing else is around. I can always find these. What other food do frogs eat? My care sheet said pretty much anything that moves! What do you guys find they like best? Report
December 10, 200718 yr Author comment_200318 i fed mine wood lice today the frog loved it :bounce: animates didnt have the jars of blow flies Report
December 10, 200718 yr comment_200355 What other food do frogs eat? My care sheet said pretty much anything that moves! What do you guys find they like best? Earthworms the bigger the better! and snails the smaller the better! Btw my frog is blind so the choice is limited. Report
December 10, 200718 yr Author comment_200361 yea ive tryed earthworms they hid from the frog :evil: Report
December 10, 200718 yr comment_200478 where do u get em from? i hope animates still got the tank ringing them soon t hold it 4 me Report
December 10, 200718 yr comment_200480 ok lol we dont even have worms in our graden coz it clay so i have to wait coz we have just put compost down... but il buy some live insects of tm will frogs eatc rickets etc etc? Report
December 10, 200718 yr Author comment_200484 depends on the size of the insect sometimes you can but 100 wood lice from trademe Report
December 10, 200718 yr comment_200483 buy a fly trap for outside off trademe, Ive got one and i get around 30 -50 flies a day over spring Report
December 10, 200718 yr comment_200486 coz i do have flies around my place ive only ever seen like 3 lol... hey wilson u knw hw u got a ice cream container full of water in urs, how dse the frog swim in it? Report
December 10, 200718 yr Author comment_200487 i have remover it now and just have a pool he loved it i could hear splashing at night every night he gos for a swim Report
December 10, 200718 yr comment_200489 how do u ahve a pool i need help with what im going to do i have no idea hw to make a pool in there Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.