Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Fixing a tank

Featured Replies

I have a 91cm x 38cm x 48cm tank that has a cracked base and would like to fix it.

Would it be best to get a whole new base or just pastch it up?

And how do i do this?

Is that the one you have posted the pics of? If it is and it has bracing on the inside it should be okay as long as you don't whack it again.

I always just patch them :) Depending on what glass etc I have I just cover the crack with a piece of glass on the inside and silicon :) I have some random ones where I've dropped stuff on there and theres a heap of cracks coming out from a hole and have just siliconed over them and got away with it.. However now that I've got a heap of glass lying around I'm getting better at cutting it and replacing all the really smashed up ones lol

If the crack is clean I just patch where it is cracked.. If it goes to a point or has random chips and stuff then you need a bigger patch as the crack can start again from these points..

A new 3ft tank would cost what? $50? And if you had a bit of glass lying around you could fix it for free.. Im sure you could even find someone in Chch with glass to cut you a bottom for free anyway if you were up here id do it for you..

If I couldn't get the glass I would still just patch it I have plenty of tanks I got for free that have patched bottoms and even backs and they're fine haven't had one go or even leak.. But I guess thats just what I'm like lol If theres a cheap or easy way of fixing that I consider safe it ill take it :)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.