3 Foot Tank Alright for Africans?

Dixon1990

You can do a pair (or what would turn into a colony of pulchers or brichardi).

You could do a couple of jullies and some yellow's..

It would come down the temperment of the individual fish, I have heard of demasoni's being kept in tanks this small and working :) I think the cichlid-forum article recommends 90 x 45 x 45 for 12.

I am considering sticking my colony of demasoni in a 3ft tank and seeing how they go because im sick of pulling the 540L tank down every weekend to catch holding females.. However I probably wouldn't recommend it as your tank is only 100L and you have nowhere else to put them if it goes wrong.. Go for a 4ft and your options increase :)

I guess it depends if your willing to upgrade the tank later

Yeah yellow's are always good, I brought a bunch of fish off trademe once, turned up and got the shock of my life..

There was 4f 1m yellow's (breeding) a huge giraffe female (15cmish) and 2 male peacocks happily living in a 60 x 30 x 30cm tank next to this guys bed, have also heard of people keeping all sorts of things in 3ft tanks but probably wouldn't recommend it unless your willing to accept it may just be a grow out tank if things go bad and have breeding nets or spare tanks to rescue fish!

lol yeah I love the demasoni they're wicked yellow's do take forever to get very big...

If you do want demasoni let me know will have a heap of them ready to go in a month or so :)

Yellow's being rift lake african cichlids like a high ph and hard water :) They will adjust to lower ph's if they have to being so many generations off wild caught but most of us like to try and get the ph up there.

• 3 weeks later...