Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Good Books on Marine

Featured Replies

So although the interwebby is good for searching out some things, I still like to have books. I've particularly enjoyed Eric Bornemans's Aquarium Corals and was wndering what other good books are out there. Any suggestions?

I've got a couple of books for ID'ing fish and inverts coming shortly (500+ of each), i'll let you know if they're worth the $

I've got 3 other books which I bought when I was first setting up. Very basic stuff, nothing indepth about specific species or anything. I think they'll end up on trademe once these new ones come in. Though I still like browsing through and looking at the pictures :)

The best books are

The Modern coral reef aquarium vol 1-4 by Svein a fossa/Alf jacob Nilsen

Also The reef aquarium by Delbeek and Sprung. get vol 3. its a update and has most new information.

For fish good fish information try Scott w.Michaels books as they have good info. i have vol 1-3

After books the best magazines are CORAL. and a new one coming out ULTRAMARINE.

The internet is ok but most info you have to take with a grain of salt unless by known authors.

Forum are the worst, so much incorrect information., but still some good stuff.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.