Going away what to do with fish

cichlid7

Next month i am going up to blenhim and wont be able to feed my fish

i am leaving on the 15th in the morning and going to be home on the 19th in the evening. What do i do about the fish as i can not feed them. will they be ok if i feed them before i go and then as soon as i get back. there will be no one here who can feed them.

i have got about 30 tanks so i dont have auto feeders for each tank :lol:

the fish i have are

Discus

angels

guppies/platies

rams

plecos

red jewels

A tank full of big malawi cichlids

loads of fry

Baby Axolotl

and heaps of other fish.

When you get back and they're begging for food tell them to stop being whiney little brats because most fish can go weeks without food. :lol:

:lol:

yup thats true

The temptation is always to give them a bit extra in the way of food before you leave. Don't be tempted this is what kills them because the uneaten food will cause a bacterial bloom. Just feed them normally they will be fine for a few days.

spot on :hail:

Yup, just give them a normal size feed when you leave.

When you get home they will be fine, but very pleased to see ya :lol:

Small fry need more regular feeding, so maybe rig up the auto feeder to give them a little food, but for adult fish a week is fine.

Cheers

Ian

Come visit me or call while you are here.

Will let you know closer to the date if i can or not have to talk to my parents as im going up with them because my Dad is in the big snooker compition up there.

By the way you wouldn't happen to know where the new Workingmens Club is would you.

And are there any good fish shops there :oops: time to buy some heat pads :lol:

Nope, brine shrimp doesn't last that long.

Only real choices are a) ask a trustworthy person to feed the fry, b) get an autofeeder for their tank, c) just leave them to it.

Putting in heaps of food just before you leave is a bad idea because it'll spoil in 24 hours, brine shrimp may take a day to die first, but after the 2nd day the water would start getting nasty.