Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Dont you hate glass cleaning

Featured Replies

ARrrrhh.. out of all the chores of tank cleaning I hate cleaning algae off the glass: using a small sponge or a tiny magnet scubber to do the job . :-?

just asking what tools do all of you use ?

I use plecos.:) The rare time I do have to clean the glass on my tanks I just use some cheap magnetic thing. Only takes a few minutes to do all my tanks. Now...The algae that sticks to the lids above the water, that's different. I use paper towels and a pot scrubber.

due to the aforementioned plecs i have no real need, however if they are being lazy its the magnetic scrubber thing - one of the floating ones cause for my large tank i have to climb into it if i want to get something out of the bottom. Use them in lengthways - that is; if scrubbing up and down the magnetic scrubby thing has the longest side pointing sideways - makes for more scrubbing area per pass.

the fun starts when forgetting about the algae for a few weeks - then comes the razor blades - that algae sticks like glue and can actually cause damage to the glass if left for too long (apparently...?)

i have found, regarding algae growing in condensation above the tank, that, if the tank has no algae nor does the condensation. make sense but i only just though of it.

  • 2 weeks later...

Because I breed quite a few bristle nose, litle ones seem to get into just about every tank in the fish room (some how :-? ). I haven't had to clean the inside of glass for years.

Alan

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.