NLS food

nemines

I deal with MD extensively, so I know understand what is entailed. It certainly isn’t as easy as simply going to the LFS to pick up some fish food especially when you have numerous people involved. However, this isn’t my point. I’m just curious about the quality of the food. That is, is this fish food really that much better than the stuff we have readily available here? If it is, then I’m probably going to want some as well! :wink:

I feed Papone (minus the HGH) for the main diet, but also have numerous auto feeders on 4 times per day. If this stuff is really awesome for the fish, then I may be interested in ordering some as well.

NLS food is supposed to be the best..

I have contacted MAF and they said there is no problem with bringing it in provided it is in its full retail packaging..

http://www.biosecurity.govt.nz/imports/ ... oic.all.ht

m

Is a link for the importation standards.

Quote from MAF when I contacted them

"I have not heard about consignments not being permitted due to their

size however, large consignments may be deemed commercial and therefore may be asked for a zoosanitary certificate.

Regarding the meeting of the standard I would ask you to read sections 2

and 7 carefully. Potentially a private consignment may meet section

7.2."

If you brought in large quantities they would deem it to be commercial and not only try and add customs charges and may make you do zoological treatment on it (shoot it with radiation to ensure its sweet from what I can tell).

I found the best prices to be off ebay and many of the sellers will ship internationally, if my dad cant get it in malaysia and send it back through his company ill be getting it from ebay and only getting 1 or 2 as I dont want to get caught up in the whole customs problems..

HTH its what ive found as ive researched it extensively :)

I haven't researched the marine food, but the NLS cichlid food has the highest rating on the consumer section of cichlid-forum where you go and rate products etc..

Waste of time, Whats so special about NLS food?

I had a look at the LFS the other day and they have about 20 different foods.

Most fish food is made in asian anyway to reduce cost.

I really doubt there is nothing special , all foods make claims. read the labels a that will tell you what is in it. not the fancy videos and labels.

I look at my fish and they dont look any worse off than other fish.

It makes sense to feed them a variety of foods and we already have so much available.

I feed my fish bananas, peas etc and variety of other foods.

Please read the Guidelines before you proceed with this venture.

No posts are to be made with the intention of forming a bulk purchase or import by invite to meet a minimum order quantity . The FNZAS website is not to be used in any way for any individual or business to prospect customers or form a buying group. This is also extended to other websites using this site to contact our members with the intention of prospecting new members.

Bill

Mod.

I just checked the nls food protein content. i think it only had about 50

%. salifert has 65%

Even in vitamins and other readings the NLS is lower .

Like i said all hype. no doubt NLS might be a good food, however no better than what is available.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing you're talking about Salifert Energy? I've got a small pottle of it and I highly recommend it (I think I've mentioned it here before).

~~~

Anyhow, a few of us have conducted a group buy (outside of this site) and it arrived on the doorstep of the organiser this morning. I should have some in the next few days so I'll post here to let you know my thoughts on it.

Worked out much cheaper with reduced shipping and didn't have any trouble with MAF/GST despite a relatively large volume - so even if it's a flop it won't be any great loss ;)

To those who PM'd me about getting some, sorry but apparently it's against this sites rules to conduct a group buy in any circumstances and my interpretation of the above rule also prevented me from telling you about the group buy organised outside of this site.

Cheers