royal clown and jardinii

henward

Any one here have had actual experience putting a jardinii or arowana with a clown knife?

also a big clown knife?

any feedback on that?

i just bought a big clown knife

its over a foot long

my jardinii is just under a foot long

the jardinii is eating heaps! i mean heaps! i havent seen it eat like that untill i put this clown knife in there.

the clown knife sits on the left side of the tank, minding its own business just likeit was in the pet store. But when the jardinii gets too close or too curious, it chases it away or tries to have a nip at it to get it away.

this is apprently normal according to other websites, in fact all wbsites

but anyone know of actual experience iwth this? anything to look out for?

fish are like humans henward and take a while to establish their order in the tank

took the beaten up aro i bought a month to settle down, then the jardini a week to come right after his move across country

generally speaking they are agressive fish being predators, but individual fish may have different levels of agression

splash out and get a 1,000 litre plus tank so you can keep more big fish,

you still might have compatability issues though

I have personaly found that bigger fish take longer to settle in to a new home. Also you need to provide lots of places for the fish to hide aswell as leaving enough room for the aro to swim.

Big knife fish can be finickey. We had a royal we got at about 20 cm and he took ages to settle in and start eating. Our big clown ( diffrent tanks) settled in fast but we had to target feed him as he was not as competative for food. These two both lived with a very relaxed silver aro. Our jardinii was a menice and shredded his tank mates so we chose to keep him alown as the last thing we wanted him to do was try shred a pleco or something like that and hurt himself.

The best thing you can do for the fish is provide a very large tank and have a set routine. Always feed at the same time of day, and clean tank every sunday or something like that so they know when to expect you to be doing stuf in the tank. We had to start doing this when the jardinni started to bite us. He soon lernt when to expect us and left us alown.

Also Water quality is very importan with Knife fish. As some one elce has sugested it is very hard to medicated them if they get hurt so try alliminate that from happening.. Sharp wood is a big culprite

( Sorry cant speel :)... Makes life more intresting )