Gravel vac?

Caper

Stirring up the gravel can be very dangerous. Especially if you have what is called dead spots.

I stab down into the gravel, gravel goes up a wee way, drops back down waste goes up & out. Then I stab the place next to it, so on & so on.

I don't want a heap of waste floating around in the water column.

Frenchy :D

Is it a bad idea to plug the gravel vac into the canister filter and then do the vacuuming?

Reason for doing this: I can take my time and do a good vac gob.

I don't have do worry about forgeting that the container is filling up and going to overflow. I got a short attention span, so that is easy done by me.

I kept my eye on the vac the full time and don't have to worry about sucking up fish when I am checking how full the contaier is.

After gravel vac with canister, just clean filter as pre normal.

I believe the reason you don't want to stir up too much gunk is that, unavoidably, there are pockets of bacteria from waste and any excess food decomposing in there which can be bad for the fish. Cloudy water is often a sign of a bacteria bloom. This isn't always harmful but it has the potential to be.