Python water changer

VinsonMassif

You can order them from that site from overseas or are you wanting to get some made?

Trying to get them before to many people "clip the ticket"

IE find who manufactures them

Not worth getting them made up for me as setup costs would be $15k-20k here in nz

Anyone got 20k they want to invest in me? :P

• 3 weeks later...

***UPDATE***

My water changer arrived today. It made my day. Now my water changes are uncomplicated, no mess, no buckets, stress free affairs.

Simply add water conditioner, plug it in and that's all.

I will go as far as saying I think it is the most important hobby-related purchase I have made thus far!

It's amazing. I totally recommend it.

Simply add water conditioner

I'm confused :-? no surprise! So, exactly how does this work? You attach it to your tap? Sucks the water out of tank, then somehow change "something" & add water to tank? But when do you add the water conditioner? Can you vacuum with it?

Caper

It is a venturi. The water from the tap running to waste sucks water through the hose to the tank so the tank water and tap water go to waste. When finished you alter the gadget and it sends blended hot and cold water back to fill the tank. They fit on a fawcet. You unscrew the filter off the end and screw this on. I found that the fine thread on the plastic stripped so I made a connection myself to fill the tanks which I use after siphoning from the tank. I understand Mike has a metal connection which would overcome that problem. I also was not happy puting tank water down the kitchen sink so I siphon onto the garden then fill.

I had the same idea as alanmin4304: I dont like the idea of fish water in the kitchen sink. My pot plants on the deck are a lot perkier with the fishy nitrate water.

As for vacuuming with the hose I have found that if the hose is coiled on the floor (instead of straight) larger debris can build up and slow the flow. (I have a sand substrate and had a couple of vacuum incidents where we lost quite a bit lol)

• 3 weeks later...

Do you mean that you use the "python" to siphon the water to your garden? Or do you just use the hose?

I have one, and finally got the hose and attachments, but I find it really difficult to get on and off. I may be able to use a different tap, but I still don't like wasting the nutrient rich water!

I have made up a connection to go on the fawcet with a snap on connertor for the hose. Connect hose to tap a tank under the water. Fill hose with water and disconnect hose from tap and put on garden. Add vac to hose if required and siphon. Reconnect hose o tap and fill tank with blened hot and cold water. Works for me.