Small Community fish

imsweet

As we are about to embark on a much larger tank :bounce: , I would like to have a few more fish in there than i have now. (2 dwarf gourami + 10 or so guppies) oh plus my pet ramshorn (named Red) that now has 2 babies. I really like the gouramis and wondering how many males can you house together. Am planning on having it well planted with hidey holes, caves etc. . New tank is 300ltr? just under i think. There is a neon and powder blue that i would like to have as well as my pair (that have not paired up) Also can pearl gourami live ok with dwarf gourami? (seeing as they grow bigger) I have intentions on getting a few corydoras too. In my smaller tank i have 5 WCMM, will they be ok to go in the larger tank with everyone?

I have Dwarf gourami's living quite happily with Gold, Blue, Pearl and Kissing gourami's. all get along quite well - no bullying of any sort. I used to have neons in with them (same size asw WCMM) and once again there was no problems. My tank also has cory's and bristlenose's and I watch the bristle's and gourami all feeding on the pleco chips at the same time.

as for having 3 males dwarf gourami's - if there are no females no problems keeping them together - if one female she could be quite popular - it may work. BUT you would need to have lots of places for her to hide take refuge in.

or you could try a different sort of small/dwarf gourami - try for the honey gourami or croaking gourami both of these live happily with the above mix.

Thanks Peanuts. The gourami i was looking at getting was the lace? Pearl? not too sure which name is used. And as they are only young, I thought they might learn to live together. I was also hoping to have a healthy ratio of male:female so everyone was happy. I have some type of plant in my tank currently that i pulled a few stems from my pond :lol: and believe it or not, it loves the warm water and has grown hugely and starting to take over. Not that it will be nearly enough cover in the new tank but i love the look of plants and colour in the tanks. So that is my aim. Hubby likes ornaments so we will have to have a comprimise somewhere. I had the WCMM in a tub outside but will need the tub soon for when the pond fish start multiplying. Theyre gonna go crazy in a large tank. :bounce: :bounce: