September 23, 200719 yr comment_184500 I was just wondering who out there is breeding what. Could be useful for people looking for fish/eggs etc The killies i have breeding at the moment are: Albino Gardneri Australe Golds Gardneri Blues (P82's) Striatum I also have some nothobranchius eggersi which i have just flooded today, another bag ready for flooding in a month. If all goes well i will have them aswell. Id love to get hold of a pair/trio of SJO's/King Killies at some stage Report
September 23, 200719 yr comment_184501 Australe Golds Australe Chocs Striatum Nigripinnis Bitaeniatum Dageti Gardneri P82 Gardneri Blues Gardneri Albino Scheeli Korthausae Yellow Palmqvisti Annulatus (clowns) Plus eggs in peat of a few more Report
October 23, 200718 yr Author comment_190092 should just make a note that barrie pointed out to me a while ago, im breeding P82's, not gardneri blues, was my mistake on that one. Have also now got scheeli breeding (thanks barrie) also the dageti are getting along nicely too. Report
October 23, 200718 yr comment_190105 None yet, but Im getting a few "whitei" albino soon, so hope all goes to plan! Report
October 23, 200718 yr comment_190167 White's Cyno is a beautiful large South America annual you are lucky to have them. I used to breed the normal colour form years ago, good luck with them Stereotaxic. I do be leave the albino form of Nematolebias Whitei has been in AUS for decades, somebody must be doing a great job of keeping them going. I'm breeding Fundulopanchax scheeli " sjoestedti Nothobranchius eggersi I hatched out 1/2 a bag of eggersi peat Monday night and have a good hatch that I'll be transferring into a tank today. Report
October 24, 200718 yr comment_190286 Dont the Eggersi grow quickly I swear I can see the change in size between meals Report
October 25, 200718 yr comment_190590 They can, if feed properly Barrie. I've frequently got Notho's to breeding/saleable size in 6 weeks. But if you select a male or 3 when @ 4 weeks old and have live food in front of their face 24/7 they can be full grown in only 8-10weeks, the problem is getting HEEPS and HEEPS of live food. Report
October 25, 200718 yr comment_190593 Is N. guentheri still around ---I used to breed hundreds of them. Report
October 25, 200718 yr comment_190617 So did I Alan Thanks Stu May well try to exhaust my live food on them Daphnia and white worms Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_190922 Re N. guntheri I have two yellow fry. Hope they are male and female! Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_190924 Have hatched 143 N. rachovii aquarium strain and looking for foster parents Report
October 26, 200718 yr comment_190951 Have hatched 143 N. rachovii aquarium strain and looking for foster parents ooooooooohhhhh Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.