Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Aquarium World

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Featured Replies

I have got a full planted tank and i can grow ambulia/indian fren/swords etc. without a problem but I can't get any red plants to grow in there.

Help?

As davidb corectly points out it can be iron deficit, but also lack of light, when you mention red plants do you mean Alternanthera reinecki "Red"? as this plant require lots of light.

Best of luck.

  • Author

any under water red plant.any thing green i plant it grows but red dont grow they start but stop and die off?/ the tank got heap of ligthing i dont have co2 though the tank is 1500*700h*600w ph7 temp 27.

can you get a test for iron

or is it the tank depth to much for the plants???

  • Author

6500k *2 aqua sky/ 4* grow lux tubes five foot lamps.

p/s i just replace one $85 for one tube grow lux. some be some where else for cheeper???

What are the red plants you are growing? Many red plants are not aquatic plants and will struggle to stay alive no matter what you do or how much you spend. Years ago I used growlux and soft white tubes together (still use that combo on some tanks). Now it is fashionable to use daylight ( 6500K). Growlux (blue spectrum) tends to make plants squat and compact while red spectrum makes them tall and scrawny. This is more obvious when plants are grown emersed. Some people say growlux encourages algae. They are also about 4 x the price of other tubes.

  • Author

what about use a coral life blue tube???

as for red plants all die. but i whant to get more but i need some idears so they dont die on me

ps my echinodorus broad leafed is starting to flower *2 :lol: :lol:

6500K daylight tubes can be had at your local electrical wholesaler for $7ish

Where available I do *prefer* to go with Powerglo because it has lovely spectrum spikes at the right points, but thats more like $20-30 rather than 7.

I've had trouble with red plants too. I'd be more inclined to look at possible a metal halide fixture if I wanted to do more reds (at least to give it a go).

And yes you can buy iron test kits.

Your local shop should have them.. petplanet.co.nz also sells them and I'm sure there are others.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.