tHEcONCH's Red Sea Max

tHEcONCH

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

joeblog is at this very moment researching the options - the nice nanotuners kit isn't available in 240V/50H, so it might be a matter of having to source other components locally - or else fit a standalone unit like the AquaOne. If you find something suitable post something up :D

conch

for less than 200, you could have a 150 halide with brand new bulb in your standard hood,I am in the middle of trying to get a spare hood to mod which I will put on when the weather gets a little colder here as its still F@#kn hot here. and I dont have a chiller.

I have pulled apart the hood and it would take less than a hour to do. VERY EASY.

Did you end up getting that deltec?

Not yet - I'm torn between buying that, a halide, and a chiller for the RSM, or just biting the bullet and building a whole new BIGGER tank along the same lines as an RSM. I suspect the Deltec would still be fine, but the main problem is floorspace at home - I need to shut down other (freshwater) tanks before I can build a new marine one. :-?

I like the 'all in one' nature of the RSM - its tidy, and I really like the 'false wall' at the back hiding all the junk. I think I'll try and build a bigger version, but with halides and a better skimmer, and probably a sump of some kind to ensure plenty of little critters.