tHEcONCH's Red Sea Max

tHEcONCH

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea, but I suspect a lot of fish will eat coral if there is nothing else going. I'm growing to think that a lot of people focus on limiting nutrient input, including food, rather than focus on output. So long as you look after the nutrient export side of things, you should be able to feed it something that makes coral less appealing. That said, I'm no expert on marine fishes - maybe coral tastes like strawberries to them?

...you should be able to feed it something that makes coral less appealing. That said, I'm no expert on marine fishes - maybe coral tastes like strawberries to them?

I tried that same strategy with a Koran angel. It worked for a few months and then he started eating EVERYTHING. I was fairly apathetic at the time about the whole reefing thing and almost lost the whole lot of acros.

The strawberry idea has merit.

Put yourself in the fishes position. You spend all day milling around a glass enclosure, surrounded by strawberries. Once a day your owner comes along and gives you chocolate.

But, every now and then, you are going to eat some strawberries. :lol:

Hahaha

I've got an intank brine shrimp hatchery on its way. Once i've tested to make sure it not going to release heaps of PO4 into the tank, i'll get it up and running.

My wrasse has teh right idea. Spends all day cruising around the rock looking for pods, and will eat flake when I feed it. All the others just wait at the front of the tank, kind of like how the fish did in Finding Nemo with the Auto Feeder haha

I tried that same strategy with a Koran angel. It worked for a few months and then he started eating EVERYTHING. I was fairly apathetic at the time about the whole reefing thing and almost lost the whole lot of acros.

They chomp on Acros? That would not be good.

Nah the Xenia I got from Jolliolli is growing like nothing i've seen before

I have noticed some tiny wee snails in my tank with the same shells as my big ones, I'm hoping that they'll make it to a larger size before the wrasse eats them for lunch

They are the colour of sausage meat. It would be interesting to see the parent colony and see what they will become.

Not so much the colour of these, but there shape and movement. Love the look of them personally.

Everything doesn't have to be neon to be nice.