The hardest fish to catch

michael.qian

What do you reckon is the hardest fish to catch? Especially in a heavily decorated or planted tank.

Few days ago it took me about 30 minutes to catch the last leopard danio, with two nets, tank is decorated and fairly well planted, had to basically take out all the decorations and some plants.

Long time ago it took me almost 2 hours to catch a chinese golden algae eater, but only with a small net that time.

So it kind of teaches me to think carefully about what fish I buy, in case I have to sell them and get super frustrated having to catch them.

Any stories anyone like to share?

I'd say a small pleco, if the tank is planted and decorated then you may never FIND it, let alone catching it. Plan on dismantling the tank, it will be quicker.

Unless you are trying to catch something else, then it will probably swim into the net :lol:

Ian.

I've found , like others have mentioned , that the best thing to do is first remove anything that can be removed...it ends up being quicker and you also get an oppurtunity to have a good clean and/or rearrangement.

I learned this the hardway......by ripping nets on rocks while trying to catch Malawis.