Plecs in Turtle Tank?

kathchris7

you can do it but it takes abit of thinking that alot of people can`t seem to manage or think that fish are disposable goods?Give the pleco plenty of places to hide from the turtles such as a bank of short lengths of alkathene pipes of the apropriate size,hollow logs etc etc.Plecos are by and large nocturnal and turtles arn`t so if you have plenty of darktime with your light cycle each will have time to do what they have to when the other is not around.As for them becoming friends?I don`t think so.

should be ok if they grow from babies, turtles can be quite aggressive with any fish you have in the tank if you don't feed them enough to keep them full and occupied... :lol: ...I chucked in 23 convicts 2 months back and only have less than 10 left and a couple had been injured severely...

don't think plecos would 'cos convicts are like one of the most hardy and fast fish...

plus they only keep turtle babies less than 2 months old at the rotorua pet shop and that's probably why it appears ok...

Thanks for your replys.The turtles in Rotorua are young but the fish would be about 12-15 cms long.I have managed to purchase some larger rocks and some gravel and am looking at maybe a log to put in his tank.He loves to flick the gravell around.I think if I did get fish for his tank I would like to have made and designed a few places they could escape to.Unfortunatly their doesnt seem to be any breeders close by so will have to come back to Rotorua and visit the pet .