August 17, 200719 yr comment_178425 This is for comments on my Leopardfish tank. http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/my-leopardfishphalloceros-caudimaculatus-tank-vt23670.html I would some suggestions on what i can change to make it look better like other plants(preferably faster growing plants) and fish(that wouldnt eat fry) i could put in my tank. Report
August 17, 200719 yr comment_178428 You have low lighting? Or are they not all turned on? polysperma, val grass, blue hygrophila (grows very fast in my tank with medium lighting), even my osiris plant grows very well, so you could try that if you have medium lighting. lots more as well, java moss, java fern.... Report
August 17, 200719 yr Author comment_178430 I havent made the lid with lighting yet. At the moment i just have a lamp with a 6500k energy saver light bulb. I might try some val if i can find some. Report
August 17, 200719 yr comment_178435 Awesome looking leopard fish. You should get some cory doras (pandas are my favourite) I've heard that they don't eat fry and they do a great job of cleanig your gravel and are really interesting to watch. Also you could get some ottos they do a superb job at cleaning algae of your plants and glass but are said to sometimes be a bit hard to keep. I've had a group in my community tank and they're fine. Also how many litres does your tank hold? (I'm just curious :lol: ). Report
August 17, 200719 yr comment_178443 is it just me or does the link say [ Post is awaiting approval ] Report
August 17, 200719 yr Author comment_178447 Sorry, I just edited it so i have to wait for a mod to spprove it again. Report
August 18, 200719 yr comment_178608 This is for comments on my Leopardfish tank. http://www.fnzas.org.nz/fishroom/my-leopardfishphalloceros-caudimaculatus-tank-vt23670.html I would some suggestions on what i can change to make it look better like other plants(preferably faster growing plants) and fish(that wouldnt eat fry) i could put in my tank. Very nice looking fish and the fry seem to be VERY well fed LOL :roll: I would add Corydoras paleatus as a bottom dweller. They love to school, so 3 to 5 would be good. They can stand lower temps than most other cories and would do well with the Phalloceros. Hope you will breed lots so the South Islanders can keep breeding them Report
August 18, 200719 yr Author comment_178610 They are eating bloodworms and crushed flakes. Would sterbai catfish be alright? I already have some of them in another tank. Report
August 18, 200719 yr comment_178613 As far as I know sterbai like quite warm water, that is why I would recommend paleatus or bronze cories, both of which can stand quite cool (down to 18 degrees). Report
August 18, 200719 yr Author comment_178619 i might try the sterbais.as the tank is currently at 23°C and just looked at a couple of pages on the net and it says they like 22-26°C. Report
August 18, 200719 yr comment_178644 You would think they were nice looking fish Carla They're from the batch you send to to chch a few months back Report
August 18, 200719 yr comment_178657 You would think they were nice looking fish Carla They're from the batch you send to to chch a few months back Hehe jn - I wondered about that myself They must like it down there if they keep popping out the babies! Report
September 9, 200719 yr Author comment_182026 Only 5 fry left now. But they are getting heps bigger now. And it looks like the big female is about to have some more babies. Report
September 9, 200719 yr comment_182092 They are a very pretty fish...tanks looks really nice What are you using for the substrate??? Caper Report
September 25, 200719 yr Author comment_184785 In the tank there is now a BN, 2 guppy, 2male leopardfish, 2 female leopardfish and about 5 that are about 1.5cm and i just found about 8 more fry last night. When can i tell if they are male or female? Report
September 25, 200719 yr comment_184786 when you can see the anal fins well you should be able to tell Report
September 25, 200719 yr comment_184803 They are live bearers so have the same modified anal fins as guppies and platies. Report
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.